Where is JLee??

Where is JLee??
Guangzhou, near Hong Kong


JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

Friday, June 3, 2011

Insurance Coverage

For any of you out there considering the special need, VSD - Ventricular Septal Defect, there is very little info out there on costs for treatment. Here are some numbers that applied to my situation. I searched high and low for some general idea so i could determine if i should switch to high-option insurance or even change companies. I also had employer assist but once you bank the funds, you lose what you don't use. yikes! After weeks of begging, the hospital's pre admission dept. reluctantly gave me a figure of $250,000 and by that time it was all up to the divine. My daughter had the surgery in February for a large hole and only spent 5 days in the hospital. 1 day more than she needed in ICU cause they didn't have any vacant beds (yah, right but the insurance covered 100% of her stay ) So I was pleasantly surprised when the bills started rolling in and it came up to about $125,000. About $10,000 wasn't "covered". I'm not sure why or how but the hospital is dealing with my insurance company on that still. It seems that half the people involved were not in my PPO so I have alot of 35% co-pays instead of 15%, something you just can't control. I got a new bill the other day but I think I have the end in sight. So far I'm happy to say my co-pay seems to total approx. $5000.

No comments: