Where is JLee??

Where is JLee??
Guangzhou, near Hong Kong


JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

Friday, August 12, 2011

July update

JaLia shared her 3rd birthday with little friends at our cabin. I had bought foil wrapped chocolates that looked like lady bugs and thought they would be cute on cupcakes covered in green icing. Then Jessica had a Fairy party for her darling and make some adorable red toadstool decorations. I stole the idea and took off with a woodland theme. I prepped, cooked and cleaned but didn't take a single picture. Still waiting for my friend with a savvy camera to send some photos. Soon after that Jalia's language began to bloom. At first I thought I was making it up cause she could sing the whole tune to a nursery rhyme and I understood which one it was. Then I realized she was speaking to me, saying words and I understood. Wow... what a change from me asking her questions and her parroting back at me. Everyday there are new words that I "tune" in to. No more playing whose-on-first !!! Soon she'll go in for her 3 yr physical. She has filled out alot in the tummy but doesn't seem to weigh much more unless I'm getting my grams to pounds mixed up. 6 lbs in the last 6 months I think. She has grown about 3 inches and is the same height as the boys when they were the same age !!! She is always singing, talking and has never met a stranger. She has slowed down on the eating. She puts herself to bed, sleeps thru the night and wakes up happy and ready to go. She actually gets mad on the weekends when we don't take her to daycare. We just had our 6 month post placement interview and I need to get her I600 turned in so we can finish up all the legal stuff.

1 comment:

Amy said...

whoops! I am out of town today! We'll get those to you as soon as I am back in B -town. Making a note of it!

xo to sweet Ja Lia