Where is JLee??

Where is JLee??
Guangzhou, near Hong Kong


JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

Thursday, February 17, 2011

We're here

Yesterday was a long day.....we were suppose to be at Riley by 11am. After checking in and giving more blood they sent us off to lunch. Then we waited around and they decided she needed more chest x-rays. Then we waited some more. About 3:30 the OR nurse came in, then around 4:00 an anesthesiologist, and then the Surgeon showed up before 5:00 for a quick How-dee-do. The Ronald McDonald House, (RMH) told me they were full and there was no way I would get a room that night. I called around and found a place and as I was driving into the hotel parking lot I heard my phone buzz. I had left it on vibrate while JaLia was napping!!!!!!!! RMH called and said they had a room !?!?!!! So I called the hotel and asked if I could cancel, it was 6:10 but she said no problem. I whipped around and drove back to the RMH. Really nice, large facility, different group bring in dinner everynight but they have 2 kitchens with plenty of storage space for your own food if you want to cook for your family. It's very inexpensive and quiet but you share a bathroom with 1 other room and no TV or food in your room !! good-bye chocolate - NOT JaLia got a late dinner, a antibacterial bath and a big warm bottle. I put her down late for bed and she went right to sleep. I got about 5 hours on top of the 5 the night before but I feel good. We had to be at Riley at 6am this morning. Got her checked in and they gave her a dose of lala juice. Boy was she funny, I tried to get some pictures but video would have been better. They just whisked her off and told me that anesthesiology would have her the first hour and then the Doc would take 3-4 hours. So she should be done around 11:30?? They will keep her sedated for awhile so the body can do it's thing. She might even be sedated over night!

No comments: