Where is JLee??

Where is JLee??
Guangzhou, near Hong Kong


JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

Friday, February 11, 2011

2 weeks home

So after 36 hours I was feeling human again. JaLia has had difficulty getting to bed at night. I tried to move back her bed time by 2 hours each night. She slept fine at the hotel and they told me, complete dark and no night light. Here she just screamed till you picked her up. I was afraid to move her to the bedroom because the boys needed to sleep for school. We finally just left the light on in her room and she made it thru the night just fine. After 2 good days she caught a low fever with no other symptoms that I could see so I thought I had just pushed her too much and she was "checking out" of these strange new things happening to her. She'd perk right up and eat with gusto so I let her sleep and didn't think to take her to the Dr............................. She either bites her lip at night or just rubs her nose on the sheet too much but she has been waking up with a bloody face and I had to get darker sheets. She also has a terrible habit of wiping her nose with her sleeves which helps contribute to the raw chapped face..................................................... Wednesday we went for our visit to Riley. She does have a large hole which will need repair. I have to talk with the Dr tonight and see when they can get her in. He is thinking about 3 weeks. ******ooh he just called and they want her next week so I can stay on my original plan. She will stay in the hospital anywhere from 4-10 days and then need 2 weeks to recover. On top of that she does have an ear infection. We put her on antibiotics and she perked right up. Her vaccination record looked good but I've heard those are often falsified or just a weak dosage that really needs to be redone................................ She refuses to drink American formula so they said it was best to revert to the bottle and see if that helps. She sucks down water all day so i feel good about that. I've been giving her fortified cereals cause I knew kids don't get enough iron but I didn't know that gummy vitamins don't have iron in them so i need to switch those. I suck at transitioning kids from baby food to people food so i need to work on her variety. So far everything has been mush. She could feed herself, I need to get over the clean up issue ~hahaah Her only dislikes so far have been french toast and grilled cheese. I'm really careful not to give her alot of things that she could eat but have gobs of preservatives,sodium and other chemicals that she is not used too.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad to hear she is transitioning well. We missed you on Saturday at the party. Will she be at Riley? We are out of town the next two weekends but would love love love to meet JaLia sometime soon.

Amy and Tessa