Where is JLee??

Where is JLee??
Guangzhou, near Hong Kong


JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

JaLia Willa Worsena Howell

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Can U say H-A-P-P-Y??

For a girl with a heart condition, you would never know it. JaLia runs non-stop all day and is full of energy.

Boys: she loves hard boiled eggs but like you, not the yolk so much.

This morning a chinese guy asked if she was a boy or girl.....I guess the hot pink sweater and pants with bows was NOT a dead give away.

I gave her a bath and she loved it !!! Even the hair washing. It must have been the stacking cup magic.

Today was such a beautiful day. It got way too hot in the room, and I had to open a low window and turn off the central since they only have heat this time of year. The windows don't have screens on them so it will just be a matter of time before JaLia figures out how to throw her toys into the alley. I made them bring me a fan. Did I mention that my room is right over all the air returns. No wonder I am not sleeping. I didn't look at the clock last night but I was up for hours and then slept till 8am. I haven't slept that late in over 10 years!!!!

I made myself go out for a walk around the compound and what a difference a little shopping will do for a girl's mood. We skipped lunch and nap and went to the passport office. I met the family with the little boy from the same orphanage. She said that the orphanage had a pool, and they heard they had won some awards. You can tell it in JaLia's personality.

Then I met a lady who thought her daughter was from the same orphanage. They were the same age, but her daughter was unsteady walking and timid, soooo shy. They had been told she was potty trained and could feed herself. You just never know and it's all up to the divine. Speaking of that, I did find a Catholic church here on the compound but did not see any sign for mass times.

We got back from paperwork around 4:00, so I decided to venture out on my own for dinner. I went into what I thought was a resturant but it wasn't and then I couldn't find another one nearby so I was back in front of Lucy's. I was determinded NOT to eat American, so I had some lamb kabobs and fried rice and JaLia had noodles. The wine wasn't bad either.

Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Amy said...

We wanted to see the Catholic Church on Shamian Island but it was covered in scaffolding and there was no one around. Seemed strange.